I was recently invited to mentor a group of startups at the selection weekend of StartupBootcamp Internet of Things|Connected Devices, a new accelerator based in London.
At first, I wondered whether I’d have enough questions to ask in the 20 minute long 1-2-1 mentoring sessions with the founders. I decided to jot down some of the best questions I’ve heard over the years at the various hackathons and startup events I’ve attended so I was prepared.
It was quite a handy little crib sheet so I’ve included it below as a resource. Feel free to print out and use it for your own events.
Let me know if it is useful and give me a shout out if you think it is worth more people hearing about!
Best Mentor Questions to ask Startup Founders
- Have you worked together before?
- Is this your first startup?
- What IP protection do you have?
- Do you have any pre-orders?
- Who will be your key clients?
- Have you ever worked with these clients before?
- What is the marketing plan?
- Who are your competitors?
- What are your USPs against these competitors?
- How are your clients solving this problem now?
- What is your exit strategy?
- What are your cyber security plans?
- What are the revenue streams?
You can download a copy of this list as a handy PDF here for your own use.